Light House Jobs
Marketing and Communications Specialist
We are. . .
a fantastic creative team committed to making Charlottesville a better place for all our citizens! Light House Studio equips young people with the skills and confidence to tell their stories and build community through filmmaking. Located on Charlottesville’s bustling downtown mall in the historic Vinegar Hill Theatre, our staff is making a big difference for young people in our city. Watch one of our students’ award-winning movies or come to a screening of a unique independent film, and you are likely to leave feeling informed, inspired, and connected.
The primary responsibilities include managing communications and public relations efforts for the organization and assisting with design needs, but you may be asked to share additional responsibilities as they arise.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising concepts
- Knowledge of website design
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop CS6 experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database utilization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple, diverse projects and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and without close or constant supervision
- Must be comfortable using Mac computers
- Filmmaking skills are a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Promoting programs through social media, posters, and print advertisements
- Overseeing Website Updates and Blog Posts
- Contact TV stations and papers with newsworthy stories
- Design Annual Report
- Youth Film Festival management and coordination including promotion of the event
- Assist with Donor Ask letters and Donor Thank You letters as needed
You should. . .
send a resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected] Full-time and Part-time applications considered. Salary commensurate with experience.