We are. . .
a fantastic creative team committed to making Charlottesville a better place for all our citizens! Light House Studio equips young people with the skills and confidence to tell their stories and build community through filmmaking. Located on Charlottesville’s bustling downtown mall in the historic Vinegar Hill Theatre, our staff is making a big difference for young people in our city. Watch one of our students’ award-winning movies or come to a screening of a unique independent film, and you are likely to leave feeling informed, inspired, and connected.
Business Manager contributes to the smooth running of the day to day business operations of the studio. He/she supports the program team which includes hiring staff, hiring freelance filmmakers, negotiating and executing contracts and analyzing data gathered via student/parent surveys. Ensures company policies are adhered to including financial procedures. Manages bill payment and updates QuickBooks monthly. Works closely with the Executive Director and assists with Light House Studio’s fundraising by assisting with fundraising letters, thank you notes and database management. The successful candidate has excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, enthusiasm for working on a creative team, and a passion for our mission of transforming young lives through the power of film.
- experience hiring and managing people
- ability to negotiate
- excellent written and oral communicator
- excellent planning and organization skills
- enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- adept at juggling and prioritizing multiple complex projects, meeting deadlines, and adapting to changing priorities and needs
- strong financial acumen
- proficiency in MS Office, Google’s G Suite, and QuickBooks (proficiency with Bloomerang or similar fundraising database preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- marketing and/or public relations experience is a bonus
- manage office/business needs
- update organization policies
- hire staff and freelance teaching artists, negotiate salaries and administer contracts
- manage bill payment and update QuickBooks monthly
- oversee facility maintenance
- assist Executive Director “behind-the-scenes” with fundraising initiatives and thank you notes
- oversee donor Database
- work with Light House staff to track and promote programmatic achievements through press, email newsletter, blogs and our website
- evaluate and suggest student and parent survey changes
- ensure website is updated weekly or on an “as needed” basis
You should. . .
send a resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected] Full-time and Part-time applications considered. Salary commensurate with experience.
Role: Business Manager
Start Date: October 2020
Reports to: Executive Director