With your help we…
- Offered 72 workshops and created slots for 878 students;
- Collaborated with 47 nonprofit organizations and schools;
- Celebrated when our student films were accepted into national festivals and won prestigious awards including a 2nd Prize for Documentary Film at Adobe Youth Voices, Ed Elias Future Filmmaker Grant for Best Documentary Film at the Los Angeles Film Festival, and Best Editing at the Women’s Independent Film Festival;
- Engaged 37 film professionals in 163 mentor slots, utilizing their skills to help us teach our students;
- Produced more than 200 films and exposed 13,500 audience members to our films (with more than 70,000 social media views).
Read our Annual Report to see how your support makes a difference.
Your contributions are important to our
growth and success.
In the next year we will continue this work—offering outstanding programming that builds students’ skills, enhances creative thought, and strengthens our community. Our young filmmakers are becoming thoughtful leaders who collaborate with others and produce powerful media. Your gift to Light House makes all this possible. As the only filmmaking school of our kind in Virginia, Light House needs your support. We invite you to start a tradition of giving to support our efforts.
Thank you to our Supporters & Partners!