With your help we…
- Offered 55 workshops and created slots for 687 students, a 37% increase since June 2013
- Collaborated with 35 nonprofit organizations and schools including new partnerships with Elk Hill, Albemarle High School and Renaissance School;
- Celebrated when our student films were accepted into national festivals and won prestigious awards including a Best Music Video at the CineYouth – Chicago International Film Festival, Los Angeles Filmmakers Showcase, Sun Valley Film Festival, FutureWave – Seattle International Film Festival, and the Pendragwn Festival;
- Congratulated this year’s graduates who are going to NYU Film School, Cornell University and University of Southern California, among others;
- Engaged 25 film professionals, utilizing their skills to help us teach our students;
- Produced more than 100 films and exposed 11,894 audience members to our films (with more than 47,000 social media views).
Your contributions are important to our growth and success.
In the next year we will continue this work—offering outstanding programming that builds students’ skills, enhances creative thought, and strengthens our community. Our young filmmakers are becoming thoughtful leaders who collaborate with others and produce powerful media. Your gift to Light House makes all this possible. As the only filmmaking school of our kind in Virginia, Light House needs your support. We invite you to start a tradition of giving to support our efforts.
Thank you to our Supporters & Partners!