With your help we…
- Offered 55 workshops and created slots for 687 students, a 43% increase since 2013
- Collaborated with 34 nonprofit organizations and schools;
- Celebrated when our student films were accepted into national festivals and won prestigious awards including a Best Music Video at the CineYouth – Chicago International Film Festival, Los Angeles Filmmakers Showcase, Sun Valley Film Festival, FutureWave – Seattle International Film Festival, and the Pendragwn Festival;
- Congratulated this year’s graduates who are going to NYU Film School, Cornell University and University of Southern California, amongst others;
- Engaged 34 film professionals, utilizing their skills to help us teach our students;
- Produced more than 100 films and exposed 12,000 audience members to our films (with more than 50,000 social media views).
Read our Annual Report to see how your support makes a difference.
Your contributions are important to our
growth and success.
In the next year we will continue this work—offering outstanding programming that builds students’ skills, enhances creative thought, and strengthens our community. Our young filmmakers are becoming thoughtful leaders who collaborate with others and produce powerful media. Your gift to Light House makes all this possible. As the only filmmaking school of our kind in Virginia, Light House needs your support. We invite you to start a tradition of giving to support our efforts.
Thank you to our Supporters & Partners!