With your help we…
- Offered 55 workshops and served 12% more students than in 2012;
- Collaborated with 35 different nonprofit organizations and schools, an 83% increase since 2011. New partnerships with schools include Elk Hill, Ivy Creek, Mountaintop Montessori and the Renaissance School.
- Expanded workshop offerings to include visual effects, screenwriting and video game design in addition to our core Light House programs in animation, documentary and narrative film;
- Partnered with Lana Young to teach Television Production to students and to create a TV show that spreads the word about good work being done in the Charlottesville community. (Organizations featured included CASA, Food Bank, LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph, Mental Health and Wellness Coalition, Music Resource Center, Rivanna Conservation Society, Second Street Gallery, VA Organizing Community Action on Obesity, Wildlife Center, Women’s Initiative)
- Celebrated when our students’ films were accepted into national festivals including the Los Angeles Filmmakers Showcase, New York Film and Television Awards and National Film Festival for Talented Youth
- Congratulated graduating seniors who are now attending universities (some with film-related scholarships) including SUNY-Purchase, The New School and Columbia Chicago.
Thank you to our Supporters & Partners!
Interested in Getting Involved in the local filmmaking community?
Your contributions are important to our growth and success.
In 2014, we will continue this work—offering outstanding programming that builds students’ skills, enhances creative thought, and strengthens our community. Our young filmmakers are becoming thoughtful leaders who collaborate with others and produce powerful media. Your gift to Light House makes all this possible. As the only filmmaking school of our kind in Virginia, Light House needs your support. We invite you to start a tradition of giving to support our efforts.